Types and prices of the best models of mitre saw for wood.
Choosing an efficient and safe mitre saw is not easy given the large number of models on the market. The intent of this guide is to provide all the necessary information to allow you to choose the right model for your needs.
The types of mitre saws for wood
Let’s start now by specifying what are the types of cut-off machines for wood on the market:
- Manual cut-off machine
- Battery powered cut-off machine
- Electric cut-off machine
- Radial cut-off machine
- Combined cut-off machine or with platform
- Laser cutting-off machine
- Induction cutting-off machine
It is important to always have clear what will be the main use of the cut-off machine for wood, in fact it will be used to make clean and precise cuts, so before buying it is important to know how to evaluate:
- The cutting capacity in thickness
- The cutting capacity in width
- The ability to cut at different angles
5 models chosen for efficiency and safety: here’s what we’ve chosen
1. Dewalt DWS780-QS Radial Cut-off Machine with Double Head Down.
This fantastic radial cut -off machine is able to make precise and clean cuts thanks to the 49° right/left head tilt with predefined notches and the practical locking device in intermediate positions. It is equipped with an easy-to-use table angle and head tilting system.
It has a high cutting capacity, up to 110×303 mm with XPS system that projects the shadow of the blade on the piece to be cut allowing fast and precise cuts. It does not need any setting and it has the electronic speed control.
2. Makita LH1040F Crosscut and mitre saw
- Wattage (w): 1.6 watts
- Anti-accidental start device
- Sturdy aluminium construction, lightweight and compact
- Table saw and mitre saw in one tool
If you want to know the price and read the reviews of those who already bought it [read here].
3. Femi TR1030-DB Radial wood cutting-off machine
- Disc diameter 305 hole 30
- 2000 Watt motor with single phase belt transmission
- Cutting capacity at 0° 105x340mm
This is a radial cut-off machine for wood weighing 23 kg, is an excellent machine with a blade of 305mm very good and precise cutting. Useful for cutting large formats and very similar to professional machines that cost twice as much!
4. Evolution Power Tools R255SMS-DB+ Radial multi-material cut-off machine
- Max. Cross cut: 300 x 80 mm
- 24 teeth TCT multi-material blade included
- Die-cast aluminium base
- Soft Start
- Dust extraction system
- Workpiece clamp
- Spindle lock
- Electronic brake
Uses a single blade to cut mild steel, non-ferrous metals, plastics and wood, even if nails are embedded in the material.
Provides clean, precise cuts regardless of material. It bevels at 45° in both directions and offers a maximum cross cut of 300 x 80 mm in both directions.
The integrated laser cutting guide and positive angled stops ensure accuracy with every cut. Durable die-cast aluminum base supports a variety of materials.
Features a powerful 2000 W motor and ergonomically shaped in-line handle.
Integrated tool compartment for convenient storage of hex wrench for blade changes.
5. STANLEY FME721-QS mitre saw
The Stanley FME721-QS has a powerful 1500 W motor that maintains strength when cutting hardwood. It features a large side stop for greater accuracy. The horizontal push-pull reduces fatigue and offers maximum comfort and control.
Pre-marked mitre settings for speed and accuracy.
Replaceable brushes for longer life.
Easy-to-see angled cutting scale for greater accuracy.
Part of the Stanley FatMax range of power tools.
- Powerful 1,500 watt motor for fast, precise cuts.
- High quality aluminium base plate for clean and precise cutting results
- Laser for exact viewing of the cutting line
- Interchangeable carbon brushes for a long service life